Reasons to visit Greece
We've been busy keeping you posted on what is happening in Greece over the Euro crisis...now it's time to remind ourselves of what is great about Greece. Here's a few snippets you may not know!
- Greece has nearly 3,000 sunny hours a year, 250 days of sunshine.
- Greece has more archaeological museums than any other country in the world
- Greece has one of the richest varieties of wildlife in Europe including 116 species of mammals, 18 amphibians, 59 reptiles, 240 bird and 107 fish!
- Greece has about 9,000 miles of coastline, the 10th longest in the world and no point of Greece is more than 85 miles from water.
- Greece had approximatley 18 million tourists 2014.
Let's help Greece on it's road to recovery by making it 20 million visitors in 2016!