We write to reassure guests that we are monitoring the spread of Coronavirus Covid19 closely and will do our best to answer any of your concerns pre-travel.
As a Canadian Travel company we are following the guidance from the Government of Canada. As of now, an official global travel advisory is in effect until further notice.
We are in the process of contacting all customers who are booked to travel prior to June 30th to discuss their travel plans for possible rescheduling in 2020 or 2021. We are contacting customers in departure date order. For customers travelling later than June 30th, for now, we suggest that travel plans continue and we will contact you if necessary to discuss your trip if travel advisories are extended further.
It is highly advised to keep in contact with your airline with regards to their Covid-19 status and if there have been any additional measures applied that you have to follow for your arrival at your destination. You may also contact the country’s embassy for destination specific information.
From March 18th, 2020, there is a travel ban in place to French Polynesia. All non-residents currently in French Polynesia are being repatriated to their country of residence. This measure will be enforced until further notice. All guests flying to French Polynesia traveling prior to May 31st will be contacted to reschedule their trip.
For guests on our Aegean Adventure cabin charter and flotilla program in Greece, we will be contacting customers to reschedule May and June departures. For postponement of May and June 2020 departures to 2021, we will make these changes without a change fee, but at full 2021 rates. At this time, we will not be making any changes or cancellations to August, September and October departures but will wait and see what the situation is on May 1st. Due to the Force Majeure (out of our control) nature of this situation, no refunds will be offered for cancellation of any departure date.
All other destinations
For bookings made through us for 3rd party operators of cabin charters and yacht charters, the Operators have individual policies regarding Covid-19. At this time, most operators are rescheduling departures up to May 31st. As this is considered ‘Force Majeure’ (out of their control), that no travel operators have financial protection against, refunds are not being offered. If you wish to have specific cancellation details from the operator of your trip, please get in touch with us.
We have contacted our governing body TICO who are indicating that the Travel Compensation Fund does not cover this type of situation as it is out of the control of all parties concerned.
For more information on the virus you can find up to date resources on the following sites of:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Government of Canada travel advisory
World Health Organisation
Updated 13 Apr Apr 2020. Author…Poseidon Charters
As we see the world slowly starting to get back to normal post COVID-19 pandemic, we are excited that the gates to international travel are also beginning to open.
Have you ever pictured yourself swimming with pigs? We guess not! Well it is a real thing you can do in the Exuma islands if you take a sailing vacation in The Bahamas.